Thursday 21 August 2014

Day 233 -- home and travels

Today was the last day with my visiting family members. We drove through a few new areas down wonderful secondary roads. The scenery was filled with fog over the water, luscious green woods, red mud of tidal river beds and blue skies that turned to dark menacing clouds. When they dropped me off at the house and headed off, I had mixed emotions. Happiness was upper-most as we had an amazing visit and explored some great places, though this was tinged with that bit of sadness that comes both when something enjoyable ends and  when we are separated from family members.

Living on the eastern coast of North America friends and family from the prairies tend not to visit too often. It is a long trip and flights can be expensive. So, when someone arrives, it is a major event for me. I love sharing special places I've found and discover new ones with the visitors. There is no shortage of places to see and things to do in this region. The rural nature of the area is a drawing card as many family and friends grew up in smaller towns or cities, so this can remind us of earlier days. Visiting places generally requires some travel and that allows time to sit together and visit -- sharing stories and reminiscing. This week brought some great family stories and many laughs from situations we encountered.

Today's song reminds me our touring today and the anticipation of heading home. Enjoy!

Take me Home, Country Roads -- John Denver and Nitty Gritty Dirt Band




No comments:

Post a Comment