Sunday 31 August 2014

Day 242 -- music and history mixed

While at the physiotherapist this week, I heard some interesting music. It seemed vaguely familiar -- new age-y and eastern sounding. Not my usual listening fare, but it was very relaxing. Relaxing was what the visit was all about -- trying to deal with spasms in muscle groups. I let the music take me to visions of central and eastern Asia. I asked who the songstress was and discovered that I had recognized her voice. When I got back home to my computer, I looked up the album and found a wonderful grouping of songs with an historical bent. Two of my favourite pastimes woven together -- history and music.

I want to share one of these selections with you all today. It is something that should be added to a relaxation playlist. Enjoy!

Marco Polo -- Loreena McKennett


No comments:

Post a Comment