Wednesday 27 August 2014

Day 239 -- Serious day of shopping

I went shopping with a friend today -- it is a long trip in at about 2.5 hours (one way), so I don't do it very often. We had planned to go to two malls and an outlet area, but managed to find most things at one mall and a different outlet style area. I found some jeans and cords that fit <yay>. Bought one and will get the other from the online store as the leg style I wanted wasn't available in my size today. Got some household items and other new clothes for back to school <smile>.  There are still a few items that I didn't find, but I'll have another trip down in a month or so for a meeting. On the way home we stopped at a wonderful market and found locally grown fruit and veg and some great baking -- they make a mean trans fat free bran muffin <g>.

I have to go out of town shopping for choice to exist -- I often refer to this as 'real stores' -- and where age appropriate clothing is available for purchase.  I know that I want to live in a city again, even if I don't get to all the stores regularly, it will not be difficult to find furniture (or have it delivered), clothes, and household linens and such when needed. We have access to everything we need here, but in 3-4 stores, and the selection is limited. You can find sheets, you just may not find the colour or pattern you'd prefer, and they may be lower quality so they don't last as long, but you won't go sheetless. It seems that I've been able to spend less since moving here. With online shopping the shipping fees can be steep, so I've learned to watch for free shipping offers and other sales. It is not that I want to become a 'material girl' and buy a lot of items that I don't need, but rather I want to be able to buy what I need when I need it and not have to wait months for the next long trip to 'real stores'. Perhaps I'm looking for greater convenience -- but also a greater ability to buy goods that will last. Either way, today was a good day of shopping, a good travel day, and great time for conversing with a good friend. Tired now, but it is a good tired.

A silly song struck me as fitting for today, one by a Canadian group even. <g>  Enjoy!

Shopping -- Barenaked Ladies

No comments:

Post a Comment