Tuesday 12 August 2014

Day 224 - reflection, forgiveness and acceptance

I've watched a couple of movies lately that I truly enjoyed. They were great character studies. One was 'Saving Mr. Banks' -- a story set around an iconic movie but focusing on the need of characters to move on and not be living in the past. The other was a film of interviews called 'The Captains.' The interviewees were Star Trek captains and they were interviewed by the first captain, William Shatner. Don't jump to conclusions on this one <smile>. It asked some hard questions and included actors speaking about their regrets having had a job that took them away from family. They also were able to find peace with being recognized for a singular work rather than as the person and actor. I found these conversations quite touching, though they made me think of the things that I haven't let go from my past, too.

Not an easy thing to do. Letting go can be tortuous. Finding a moment of epiphany is rare. Some things I've come to terms with, others are still hanging around behind a door waiting for me to confront it all again. I'm sure it wants to be set free as much as I'd like to be able to let it fly. <smile> It is an ongoing process that will take time for reflection, growth and moving forward.

The song today was one that came to mind when thinking of the processes of those on film and me. As I said, this isn't easy and this song speaks to the effort involved as well as how we often ignore things until much later. Enjoy!

Against the Wind -- Bob Seger




No comments:

Post a Comment