Tuesday 26 August 2014

Day 238 -- battling solar loading

Today was HOT. Perhaps I've been spoiled a bit by the cooler evenings and daytime highs in the lower 20's (75ish in the Farenheit scale) of the past week. Today shot up above 28C (86ish). My house is just as hot as outside today, and will be warmer overnight -- doesn't cool well. The full sun is nice, but killer heat. It made me wonder if the solar flares are not only messing up some communications technologies, but are shooting greater heat our way. Tomorrow will be a duplicate of today, so I'll need to find some A/C somewhere. This may be the day I need to do some of the annual "move into fall" shopping trips.

Throughout the day, one line stuck in my head -- seared in by the heat, no doubt <smile>. It is an upbeat song and when I listened to it from start to finish, it made me smile again. Enjoy!

Heat Wave -- Martha and the Vandellas


No comments:

Post a Comment