Friday 3 July 2015

Day 2 - 183 -- Eclectic Tastes

This is the end of an odd week. With the holiday falling on Wednesday this year, it seemed the week had two Mondays <yikes>. I am definitely ready for the weekend. There is some housework and 'work' work to do, but it can be done when and where I please <smile>.

Music is a key part of life for me -- otherwise this blog wouldn't exist <smile>. Music of a wide variety of genres and styles can be pleasing. I try to keep an open mind. While I often fall back to the music of my youth, as most people do (or will do), I do choose to listen to selections from before I was born and from current day - when I am chronologically not a youth, but psychologically am youthful <grin>. Those who follow this blog will be familiar with the breadth of musical stylings.They've been termed eclectic -- a term that I have come to embrace. It is far better than 'all over the map' or 'confused' or 'eccentric' <smile>, which were the terms that I often used when thinking about my musical tastes. It works for me, and seems to work for many others, too.

Listening to the morning news magazine program today, I heard a wonderful group that has been around for a while now. Their a cappella style mixed with beatbox skills is stunning -- no instruments at all used in their performances. I love the lyrics of this song as they present music as a refuge. This musical selection showcases the group members' broad vocal skills. Enjoy!

Wall of Sound -- Naturally 7


No comments:

Post a Comment