Tuesday 7 July 2015

Day 2 - 187 -- Moving Air

Today, like yesterday, was a day in the mid-to upper 20s. The sun was strong and hot. Luckily there were light winds each day to help remain comfortable when walking in the heat. Overnight the temps cooled enough to drop the inside temperature just a bit. It helps to begin a hot day with a slightly cooler house rather than add to an already overly hot indoor temperature. Tonight the temp will drop but is expected to be right at the dew point. This generally means an open window is like accessing a river. It smells and feels wet and only raises the 'feel like' temp inside. I'm hoping there will be enough wind before the dew point is reached to help cool the air inside.

I'm not one to enjoy hot days, but if there is some air movement the day can be manageable. Friends like to sit out on the patio or at sidewalk tables to eat or enjoy a drink. I find this very uncomfortable. Sun and I haven't generally gotten along. Given my northern European skin shade, I tend to burn quite readily. I also have allergies to several flowering plants, so find more time outside means more difficulty breathing. But again, a breeze can help. Cooling the house benefits from windows on all sides, yet this house wasn't built that way. Prevailing winds are often westerly and windows and doors are on north and south sides only. As a friend noted, you can hear the wind going by but it just won't go through the window. <smile>

With thoughts such as these, one particular song went through my head. Many covers have been done, but there is only one version that is stuck in my head today. Enjoy!

Summer Breeze -- Seals and Crofts


No comments:

Post a Comment