Monday 13 July 2015

Day 2 - 193 -- A Rude Awakening

Well, it must be Monday!  I was awake about 5:30 AM or so and then went back to sleep until the alarm. I woke to a loud vocalization from the cat -- nothing scary or angry sounding, more like a loud question. He is usually very quiet when he speaks and he generally doesn't wake me up. I was in a very deep sleep, so was a bit foggy, but woke up and asked him if he was OK or what was up. I then looked at the clock thinking I might as well get up as the alarm would go off any time now. This is the Monday part -- it was 11:15 AM!!! No alarm sounded. Forty minutes later I was out of the house and to the office much later than planned. But, like a colleague noted when I said it must be Monday -- Monday is great since it is one day closer to Friday <smile>.

I spent a few minutes this morning trying to deal with the 'no alarm' conundrum. I had checked before bed last night to make sure it was turned on and at the right time of day (AM not PM <smile>). I had reset the clock and alarm last Thursday after having unplugged electronics due to a thunderstorm. It seems that I had reset everything well with the small exception of entering 2014 for the year instead of 2015. Since the alarm is set for Mon-Fri only, and the machine understood today to be a Sunday, nothing sounded today. Do any of you remember when setting an alarm meant simply moving the alarm hand to the right time and pulling out the alarm button? Electronics seem to have added way too many steps to a simple 'wake me up' device <grin>.

As I was walking into work today, an earworm entered -- the last line of today's selection repeated over and over again for much of the day. I'm now passing this along to others -- maybe <smile>. Be sure to admire the gorgeous Gretsch and the moog synthesizer. <grin> Enjoy!

Only Sleeping -- The Monkees


No comments:

Post a Comment