Saturday 4 July 2015

Day 2- 184 -- Somnambulism

Have you ever been woken from a deep sleep and couldn't make sense of things? The phone rang this morning and I woke and held it in my hand trying to figure out which button was 'talk' and which was 'off.' This may sound odd, but the portable for the house land line has these two items on opposite sides than the cell (and obviously the latter is not a smart phone <smile>). I did answer before it shifted to voice mail. After that the whole day seemed a bit foggy. During supper I turned on the Atco QE II Cup from Spruce Meadows (international show jumping) to watch the 2-hour competition. I saw the first few riders while eating, and then fell asleep, waking up when they were announcing the jump-off. I then did a few quick chores and walked over to buy milk. At the store, I felt that I was still way too dopey feeling -- like sleepwalking but partly awake. Bizarre <smile>.

I know much of this is part of not getting to sleep until very late due to partying neighbours and having the sleep disrupted by a phone call. The rest of the reason I'll put down to still healing and dealing with pain. Things are improving, but I'm afraid I'll fall asleep in public somewhere before this is all over. <smile> This thought brought a song line to mind. Enjoy!

Don't Sleep in the Subway -- Petulia Clark




No comments:

Post a Comment