Thursday 30 July 2015

Day 2 - 209 -- Feeling Relaxed at an Airport

This one is a day late getting up here. I was in transit much of yesterday and simply unpacked and went to bed when I got back home. It was a long day -- about 12 hours door-to-door -- or hotel-to-home actually. Traffic was heavier than usual heading out of the city to the airport, but I arrived with time to spare. I realized while walking through the Pittsburgh airport that things seemed more relaxed. It is a very large airport -- designed for the heavier traffic as a hub city for a major airline that withdrew and moved to a different city after the place was built. It seems almost deserted though there are many flights and lots of people traversing the area. The sound was not as loud as most crowded larger airports. The music playing overhead was from a classical station, adding to the calmness of the venue. It was refreshing for a traveler.

A slight delay to check a suspected oil leak made customs and immigration in Toronto a bit of a rush. I got to the departure gate with about 15 minutes to spare before boarding began. Weather was fine for the drive home from the airport so things went fairly smoothly after the iffy start to the day. Regardless, travel is tiring so I collapsed into my own bed and slept reasonably well.

The selection chosen to share was what was playing when I fully noted the music at the airport. While not strictly classical, it is orchestral and made me smile when I realized what a nerd I must be to recognize the whole thing <smile>. Enjoy!


Star Wars Theme -- John Williams (conductor)


No comments:

Post a Comment