Monday 20 July 2015

Day 2 - 200 -- The Power of a Song

When in the Main Office today, I heard a song and said, "Neil Diamond" -- the admin assistant's eyes lit up as she smiled and said "yes." It had been some time since I'd heard someone listening to a collection of Diamond songs. It felt so 'right' -- relaxing and even freeing. Hearing that first song made me stop and breathe instead of fretting over the papers in my hand or the silly photocopier <smile>.

As I pondered the many songs that this man has recorded, one stuck in my head -- just the title line heard over and over. It describes a part of my personality that shows on the outside. What can I say -- I love the fabric and will always feel like 'me' when wearing a pair -- my favourite clothes from any closet I've had. <grin> Day 227 of the blog holds this song -- Forever in Blue Jeans.

The selection for today is one that embodies the conversation I had about his music. It makes you feel good and is positive in nature. The melody is enticing and the words make me feel better. Enjoy!

Song Sung Blue -- Neil Diamond





No comments:

Post a Comment