Wednesday 22 July 2015

Day 2 - 202 -- Just One More Thing . . .

Things are really piling up this week. Many tasks will go unfinished until I get back to them next week. Deadlines are looming for several smaller projects. The smaller items with closer deadlines are taking time away from the larger projects that will take more time, but have later deadlines. I can see a future where things get so crazy busy that the tension may not leave at all. Needless to say it has been an anxious day. A couple tasks were completed with the assistance of others, but the pile on the desk hasn't changed today.

There are a number of items that have my head busy working away and not focussed on the tasks in front of me. Speaking to a friend tonight, she said she could hear the stress in my voice. Interesting -- I didn't think it was that noticeable in my voice -- my face maybe, but not my voice. I've had others see my shoulders around my ears and gently place their hands on the shoulders, look me in the eye, and tell me to breathe. I heard my voice answer -- why? do I look tense? -- but about an octave higher than usual. Tonight it wasn't as great a difference in the pitch but more in the cadence -- at least from my listening.

I'll admit that as I was reading through e-mails that required responses, a line from a song lyric ran through my mind. Just the first line, which is also the title of the selection for today,  was what I heard and felt the need to sing out loud <smile>. It is a lesser known song from a group featured here often -- Enjoy!

Don't Call on Me -- The Monkees




No comments:

Post a Comment