Monday 1 February 2016

Day 3 - 32 -- Mental and Physical Labours

A busy Monday at the office and at home. I walked to work to avoid having difficulty finding a parking spot as the lots are being cleared. By afternoon the temperature had risen to +10C. Water was running everywhere. I headed home in late afternoon to shovel the last of the snow from the back porch and around the side of the house. The sun and warmer temps were very agreeable. The snow was fully saturated, so only small bits on the shovel at a time making the process a bit longer, but much easier in the longer term. I then tackled the foot of compacted wet snow on the car. Moving that off the roof was a challenge, but once I found a technique to move larger chunks off the back end of the vehicle, it went much easier. I didn't want to wait longer, since it will freeze overnight and then stay below freezing for two days.

WiFi connections on campus were still out in several buildings until late morning or early afternoon. Luckily I was hard-wired into the network so managed to get a report off that was due today. I had hoped to do this over the weekend, but e-mail was down during that time. At work today, I was able to print some of the draft documents I had begun over the weekend.This evening I finished the drafts of two versions of midterms for two classes -- so four exams in total. The classrooms are full, so two separate exams are needed when people are sitting in a more crowded space. Midterms are next week and things need to get to the printer tomorrow. Again, I'd hoped to get things there today, but didn't get the process moved along over the weekend due to storm issues. So, tomorrow will have to do.

All in all, it's been a good day. I've been thankful for the power workers who have been occupied since Friday evening re-establishing power as trees have been falling across lines in the town and county. Given that activity, there's no way that I can complain today. I'm sharing a song with lyrics that make me think of moving forward in busy situations. The one line about digging made me laugh, since that's what I've been up to -- though, it is likely the lyricist meant something else entirely <grin>. The rhythms and melody are made to make you move. Enjoy!

Draggin' the Line -- Tommy James and the Shondells



No comments:

Post a Comment