Sunday 21 February 2016

Day 3 - 51 -- Distance

It's been a day filled with many emotions -- mainly the negative kind.  Lots of tasks to complete today most of which are ones that I'd rather never have to do. I've said often recently that being an adult sucks. Ignoring the world would be so much nicer. I think it's not very doable, but it would be nice to just hide away and see what happened.

Living far from much of my support network becomes more pronounced when the world turns upside down. Phones and Internet can help somewhat, but being in the same place face to face might help. We live in a very large country and being on the eastern end when others are in the middle or nearer the western side can be challenging. For those days when things weigh heavily that in-person chatting would likely make people feel less isolated.

The song chosen for today had lines that ran through my head throughout the day and then was played on a television show late in the evening. It was a sign <smile>. Other than the title, the line "If I could only work this life out my way" was one that I've pondered a lot recently. The song was written by an amazing singer-songwriter -- the first female recipient of the Gershwin Prize for Popular Song. Enjoy!

So Far Away --  Carole King




No comments:

Post a Comment