Tuesday 9 February 2016

Day 3 - 40 -- Relentless Onslaught

Feeling overwhelmed -- this became clear when the first thought that went through my mind when I woke this morning was a title of a song. There was another heap of snow outside and the campus closed for the full day to facilitate clean up. I shoveled for 3-4 hours in 3 bouts to get the walkways, porches and steps and most of the car dug out. A backhoe did the end of the drive way which saved another 2+ hours which I refuse to do since it is so heavy and wet from the street and sidewalk plows. Shoveling a path seemed like it should be something that could help sort out a way through all the thoughts clashing around in my head. It really didn't. There is more heavy lifting to get through those.

The song for today is the one whose title came to me this morning. It is one that I heard as a kid from LPs of my parents. Enjoy!

Make the World Go Away -- Eddy Arnold

No comments:

Post a Comment