Saturday 27 February 2016

Day 3 - 57 -- A glimmer of light on a sunny day

After finishing what I could on the project for this week, I went for a walk. It was 15C -- in February! Bright sun seemed almost blinding. As I walked I realized that suppertime had arrived and I was hungry. I chose to stop for a take out meal. As I was waiting for the order, I saw a familiar face and realized a couple that I hadn't seen for several years were dining at the restaurant. We had a short but good chat.

It is interesting that often as we feel a bit down, someone or something arrives to help us see a positive or to help us breathe when things seem too much to bear. A bright spot appears in the darkness -- even if it is just a faint glimmer, it can give hope.

The lyrics of today's selection speak to this potential for hope. The cover of the original song uses a minor key a bit more, which adds to feelings expressed by the lyrics. Enjoy!

Somewhere over the Rainbow -- Isreal Kamakawiwo'ole


No comments:

Post a Comment