Friday 19 February 2016

Day 3 - 50 -- Marking Time

Today the sun shone brightly, making me think I needed to wear a ball cap to see, but needing a toque to keep the ears warm. Only one tiny spritz of a cloud was visible in the sky of expansive blue. It was an almost perfect day. I had a lunch with friends and spent much of the day writing and planning for the coming week. The drier fans and the dehumidifiers in the basement are still roaring for another day at least -- working to dry the carpet and underlying cement. It is much drier than yesterday, but still has a way to go.  I'll need to do some laundry tomorrow and may need to wear earplugs to keep from going mad.

This is the birthday of a female relative -- a day to mark another year in a rich life. The song for today is dedicated to her. It has been a favourite of mine for many reasons over the years -- lyrics which have so many meanings depending on the situation. The version shared here today is a cover of the earlier recording by Charles Aznavour. The singer is one that I found later in life and is now an integral part of my musical being. Enjoy!

She -- Elvis Costello


No comments:

Post a Comment