Wednesday 3 February 2016

Day 3 - 34 -- Dancing around the Icy bits

Snow was added to the frozen world by early evening. It nicely covered all the ice patches making walking even more treacherous. I walked down the road due to the thicker ice on the sidewalks on the hills -- it was relatively clear on the flatter streets.

Walking in zig zags as I tried to step between the ice patches and then dodging overhanging branches made me think of feeling out of control with some projects. It also seemed that the careful movements to keep myself safe could mirror situations in life where it seems easier to 'let it go' rather than speak up for myself or others. I do love metaphors -- they can help make sense of the world and my place in it. <smile>

Dancing around the icy spots today reminded me of Denny Doherty (of the Mamas and the Papas) when telling his musical life story in Dream a Little Dream. He likened the journey to crossing a stream or river by jumping from flat rock to flat rock, discovering along the way that some of the choices were slippery rocks, which added danger to the opportunities. One of the songs he did for this one-man stage play came to mind to share today. It tells a major part of the group history. The link chosen has a wonderful collection of photos including some with other '60s artists. Enjoy!

I Saw her Again -- The Mamas and The Papas


No comments:

Post a Comment