Sunday 5 February 2017

Day 3 - 36 -- Scattered and Unfocused

The day has been one filled with many disparate activities. The laundry was finished, floors swept, slides for next week made, a quiz devised, a lecture listened to from the course I'm taking in my "spare" time <smile>, dinner cooked, tried to get into the secondary e-mail account (not done even with the support desk helper), and many other bits and bobs. There seemed not to be a main theme to the day. Outside the window things were different each time I checked -- cloudy, sunny, cloudy again and now snow is expected soon. So even the weather was scattered in a less than focused way.

Focus is challenging at the best of times, but when the 'to do' list has many things that seem unrelated, focus becomes almost impossible. I did manage to get things completed, but at the same time the feeling of accomplishment seems lacking. Things were crossed of the big list, but still not feeling that I did much. <smile>

I often say when my mind is scattered that I'm in a kitten mode -- distracted by any shiny thing that catches my eye. Today it was not me but the tasks at hand that were scattered. A song came to mind with lyrics that describe a type of chaos and scattered belongings -- a bit odd, but fun. Enjoy!

Mister Mistoffelees -- from CATS Original Broadway Cast




No comments:

Post a Comment