Thursday 23 February 2017

Day 4 - 54 -- Lost Things

The sunshine was amazing again today and the temps increased to 8C. It felt warm, not too warm but certainly not cold, when I was outside walking around doing errands. Several tasks remain to be completed, but we'll see how tomorrow goes. Rain and rain-snow mix are expected over the next four days, so more cloud than sun seems in the offing.

The main frustration today was losing something. I do hope it is only misplaced as it meant something to me, though it wasn't of major worth in monetary terms, It still was something I was looking forward to using this coming weekend.This item could have been lost outside the house, which makes it much more difficult to determine where to call to search for it in lost and found drawers around town. There are another couple of items that I haven't been able to locate, too. For them, there is no way they are anywhere but in the house. Likely in that little somewhere that seemed to be safe and make sense when I last held them in my hands. I hope I had a safe place for the latest errant possession. Almost two weeks ago, I ran out for milk and an hour or so after returning home I was going to run outside for something. When I went to put on my favourite medium-temperature mitts, I only found one in the basket. I took the basket out of the closet and searched through it. I took the other basket of scarves out and searched through it. I used a flashlight to look for the mitt inside the dark recesses of the closet floor. Nothing. I looked on the porch since I often take off the mitt to unlock the door. Still nothing. I called the store where I'd gotten the milk. No mitt there either. Then an hour or so later, after much fretting, I thought perhaps it could be in the back of the closet between the chimney brick and the wall. With the aid of the trusty flashlight, I looked way in the back and almost up at the ceiling level, there it was sticking to the roughness of the brick. Now I didn't actually put it there, but when I threw my mitts up into the basket, one mitt went walkabout -- or perhaps that is flyabout. I'm hoping the other three items are somewhere in the house but maybe not somewhere quite as obscure.

Searching found me a wonderful little song that fits this whole losing things mess. It is humorous, though in the moment I'll admit to feeling quite sad about the latest misplaced item. The song did make me smile, though.  Enjoy!

Oh, No! I'm Looking for my Glasses Again -- Four Bitchin' Babes


No comments:

Post a Comment