Wednesday 15 February 2017

Day 4 - 46 -- Continuing Onslaught

While the sun didn't peak out from behind the thick clouds today, it was warmer. Much of the sidewalks and roads were slush covered and ankle deep water gathered where the storm drains hadn't been cleared. A plus of the day was that one of the three midterms planned for this week occurred as originally planned and all class members were present. I will have at least one to grade during reading week. The one rescheduled for tomorrow may or may not happen. It all depends on what the snow from the next system amounts to overnight. For the sake of all concerned, less snow would be a blessing. It is difficult not to feel under siege with the continuing storms lining up to have their kick at the can.

With the final clearing of the back porch and two exits, I have spent 3.5 hours over the past two days moving the snow. I have not cleared off the car as it was not wonderful driving today due to the snow piles taller than the car at corners and along streets. Walking was bad enough, but I felt more in control there. I will admit that tonight my back is a bit sore -- a tired, overused muscle sore. My neck feels the stress of lifting and carrying snow. Even my feet feel they've had a major workout. So, less snow would be best. Frankly, if Spring arrived in the morning I'd be one ecstatic individual <smile>.

I've chosen a song that seemed to fit the thoughts I've had today -- and those I've seen and heard from others. It deals with something different than what is happening with me, but the anxiety and anger are the same. Enjoy!

Under Attack -- ABBA


No comments:

Post a Comment