Friday 10 February 2017

Day 4 - 41 -- Reflecting

It has been a day filled with activity. Much work for the classes in the next couple of weeks was completed. I spent an hour moving snow from the storm last night. There was less snow than predicted, though what was there had a layer of frozen ice nearer the ground. The temperature was cold and fell a lot more as the day wore on. Happily, this made the snow a bit lighter. I still have about 30-40 minutes to clear out the last 2 car lengths to the sidewalk. I'll do that Sunday when it is to be warmer.

I was reminded of a quote that made me think of my daily reflections in this blog. "Life can only be understood backward, but must be lived forward." This is from Kierkegaard. It fits my penchant for thinking over things from my experiences -- meant to help me understand what happened, my role in it, and what could be changed or held onto for future days. It does help a bit with understanding, but it is the change in perspective that helps the most. I maintain that we will never know the full answers to life, not in this lifetime at least.  Small actions may be missed as we move through a day, but they may have larger impact in someone else's day. These things we may never understand.

A song came to mind because of the words and the video. The lyrics note an independent spirit to take charge of one's life, while the video shows that small actions can have large impacts. Enjoy!

Have a Nice Day -- Bon Jovi


No comments:

Post a Comment