Thursday 2 February 2017

Day 4 - 33 -- Friends

Another long day nears its close. Thursdays have three lectures and several meetings making them rather full days. Today we were back to fighting with a software system and supports. It will all work well, but nonetheless was frustrating when in the midst of it all. In hind sight, I can smile a bit at the absurdity of it all <smile>.

Today as often happens, friends pulled together to help each other through the difficulties. Sometimes this involves lending an ear to one as they vent or struggle with the world around them. Other times advice may be requested or encouragement needed to keep moving forward and not just chuck it all and walk away. Humans are social beings, even though that can be hard at times. Without each other, we'd not accomplish half of what we do with others involved. Friends recognize that we need some time alone or without chatter --just that little break to re-centre. Friends know when we need a smile or a laugh or a hug. As Facebook noted today, "Friends make you, you." I'd add that friends make me a better me.

I've been blessed with wonderful friends, many of whom I consider family. A favourite song of mine came to mind when reflecting on the day's events. There are many versions, but I always hear one particular interpretation of the lyrics and music. I'll share one of the many recordings made of this song by this artist. He truly made it his own -- a soulful, thoughtful rendition rather than the lighter, bouncier one done by others. Enjoy!

With a Little Help from my Friends -- Joe Cocker



No comments:

Post a Comment