Wednesday 13 December 2017

Day 4 - 347 -- Remaining Grounded

I woke early this morning with loud wind rattling windows and smashing rain onto the house. That lasted much of the morning. This was the sound of weather patterns changing -- with a warmer (as in temps in the teens Celsius) with oodles of moisture. It POURED. When I headed out just before 3 PM, I thought the rain had stopped as it was so quiet. When I checked outside, it was clearly a steady rain -- more like a normal pouring rain <smile>. It was a day that required full rain gear. Even when the rain almost stopped near supper time, there are immense ponds that have sprung up overnight in parking lots and my front yard. Now the winds have picked up again, just as I head off to bed. This came along with a major cold front that is bringing freezing temperatures. In the morning, we'll find many unplanned skating ponds around town.

With the major wind gusts earlier today, I thought of the difficulty remaining upright such weather brings. Remaining grounded and not heading off into the sky becomes the focus. While working away indoors on course preparation and admin tasks, I was trying to remain focused on the work at hand but found my mind flying off in all directions at times. The loud rain and wind didn't help my focus <smile>.

When thinking of a song, one lyric line ran through my head over and over, so I had to hunt up the full song as that song was much more focused than I had been today <smile>. The song is by a country group that I saw in concert many years ago.  The line that stuck in my brain is at the end of the first stanza -- all about a flying object. Enjoy!

Little One -- The Oak Ridge Boys


No comments:

Post a Comment