Monday 18 December 2017

Day 4 - 352 -- Mini-Celebration

I slept in today after getting to bed around 3 AM. I headed into the office with the piles of papers. I did the final grading for three assignments and added those to the spreadsheet program that calculates the grades for me. I will let them sit while I check through everything to ensure my equations are actually correct <smile> and will enter those grades tomorrow after meetings. At that point, I will be moving into January planning. The lab manuals that I left with the printer late last week arrived in the office today. So -- one major part is done. Now I just have to figure out what I have to do for each lab session <grin>.

The weather remained very cold today but with less wind than yesterday, yet still enough to register a colder 'feel like' temperature. After work I headed out to find a wreath to hang on the front of the house. I went to the tree lot at the mall and they sold the last of them yesterday! There are several places in town where independent vendors generally set up, but I have not seen them at all this month. So, unless the grocery store has something left <yuck> I will not have a wreath this year. <pout>  I did make a mini-celebration dinner tonight to mark the end of the big grading for this term -- chicken with gnocchi with mushrooms, cherry tomatoes and balsamic. Yummy. I even found the angel and placed it on the top of my tree. It reminds me of home as it is a wheat weaving -- gorgeous.

I felt the need for a different holiday song today -- one that challenges my foreign language skills <smile>. I love the two voices here that blend so well. Enjoy!

Mis Deseos/Feliz Navidad -- Michael Bulbe & Thalia


No comments:

Post a Comment