Sunday 24 December 2017

Day 4 - 358 -- Ready or Not . . .

Final preparations for tomorrow seem to be completed. Pre-prep for appetizer and vegetable side dish I'm taking out for dinner tomorrow. Gifts are wrapped for that trip, too. I made a supper that I only make once a year and today seemed as good a day as any. Toad in hole is a family dinner we had when I was a child -- rather high in fat, so it isn't made often. <smile> Three more cards were addressed and will be sent out on Wednesday when the post office reopens. Maybe by then I'll have the two final handwritten notes completed to send, too. For some reason these seem to sit for a long while before I got to them this year. I'm sure there is some big internal reason for that, but I'm not searching too deeply for this one. <smile>

Today I have thought of several people who aren't here for Christmas as in the past years. Yet, as I noted to a friend earlier today, new traditions can be fun to make -- difficult at times, but fun nonetheless. NORAD has been tracking Santa since his travels began in the west Pacific. The sleigh is in the west Atlantic now, so he should be flying overhead before we know it. I plan to wash my hair and watch Scrooge with a festive beverage <smile>. These thoughts brought a song to mind by a singer who is no longer here except in recordings (thankfully). I've also included a little greeting from another well known artist. Enjoy!

Christmas all over again -- Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers



Happy Christmas -- Nelson Wilbury


No comments:

Post a Comment