Saturday 9 December 2017

Day 4- 343 -- Disquieting Feelings

As I type,  I'm listening to rain on the roof. It can be a relaxing sound, though tonight it just adds to the disquiet in my head. I did some household chores and put up a few more decorations. The living room and hallway doors look a bit more festive now. Yet, that vague feeling of unease or maybe apprehension has stuck with me from yesterday and now through today. Many things could be at the crux of this headspace, so it is difficult to determine what might help it exit or hide for a while. I have plans to bake a couple of traditional Christmas items. Tomorrow there is a Christmas play on at the local theatre for which I have a ticket. Work for the job does loom over my shoulder often, so perhaps getting through the grading and preparations for January 3rd class start will ease my mind a bit. I look around and others have a that sense of anxiety about them. Maybe we all just need a few days rest. <smile>

A couple of songs played on in my head today and I'll share them both today. One is by a Canadian singer-songwriter with lyrics that highlight the wish to run away from it all. It was recorded in 1971. The other has been around for over half a century and has been covered by many artists throughout the decades. The version chosen tonight is by a wonderful band that - interestingly - began in 1971. These lyrics reminded me of something lost that I want back - though I can't put my finger on one specific thing today.  Both are lovely songs. Enjoy! 






No comments:

Post a Comment