Thursday 21 December 2017

Day 4 - 355 -- Light and Harmony

A long work day filled with lecture slides for the coming term. Much editing completed, but more that will need to occur once back in the office with some older slides from other courses and research projects that will fit very well. I guess that is my head making this mine -- and not someone else's way to present the information. <smile> It did help me to get into the 12 chapters of the text and begin to understand what the content involves. Still more there than can be easily fit into 13 weeks, but I can edit judiciously during the next term.

The day was sunny for the parts of the day that I actually saw outside the windows. Sunshine was a pleasant change from some of the cloudier days of late. It also made the shortest day of the year, which heralds the beginning of winter, brighter than usual. While the light was lessened, what was there was clear and bright. Days now begin to increase the daylight we experience -- by seconds and minutes, but it is moving in a positive direction.

I wanted a song that would speak to the positives of the season. One from a newer album crossed my path. I do like this version, but still have difficulty disentangling the chorus from a major marketing campaign from a few decades ago. The video for this one shows the wonderful multi-cultural nature of our country. Enjoy!

Santa's Wish (Teach the World) -- The Canadian Tenors


No comments:

Post a Comment