Friday 29 December 2017

Day 4 - 363 -- Grey Day

After the brightness of the sunshine earlier this week, today was an abrupt change. Outside the window everything seemed grey. The sun tried to come out once or twice, but nothing major happened. I did move the 1 to 2 cm snow that fell last evening and overnight. It was a challenging process since solid ice hid under the snow in places.

My mood brought the greyness inside. Last night, I had odd dreams and woke very tired -- a feeling that didn't leave during the day. Concentrating on anything was difficult. I pulled out some papers needed for writing due next week, made some Thai burgers for the freezer, and steam cleaned the floors. I listened to music during much of the activities, which brought a few brief smiles. I plan to get to bed tonight and wake when my body chooses tomorrow.

When gloom is the word of the day, physical and mental efforts feel taxing. Reflecting on the mood and what the cause might be is difficult and not always productive. Is it just being too tired to care? If so, why might tears appear at the drop of hat? There are always things I don't want to do, those I don't like to do, and those that would be fun to do. Moving forward with any of these may work, but may not either. The will to do anything other than listen to reruns on TV or play online games runs low. Now, taking a day to do 'me' things sounds great, but it would work better if I felt good about it all <smile>.

The song that came to mind when looking at the grey skies and lack of colour in the neighbourhood is by a singer-songwriter featured often in this blog. The lyrics reflect the world-weariness experienced today. They also recognize the changes in perception that occur as the years progress. Enjoy!

Shades of Grey -- Billy Joel


No comments:

Post a Comment