Tuesday 10 April 2018

Day 5 - 100 -- Sun and Memories

While the air temperature this morning was still cool, the sun brought an amazing warm feeling. I chose to walk into the office just so I could enjoy the sun. The sky remained blue with full on sun throughout the day. I attended a luncheon to celebrate the end of term and worked at a few electronic files that have been sitting waiting for a day when I had time to focus.

A song line played in my head. It reflected the wonder of the spring solar loading. It also embodies feelings of loss. While smaller personal moments with such feelings have crept in recently, they are nothing compared with the profound loss of the Humboldt hockey team players. I've struggled to find words for my feelings and walking in the sun today helped me to do this -- at least in some small way. The lyrics of this song remind me that memories can help guide us toward peace. Several versions of this song have been recorded, but one seemed to convey best the feeling I had when thinking of the melody and lyrics. Enjoy!

Warmth of the Sun -- The Beach Boys with Willie Nelson




No comments:

Post a Comment