Sunday 22 April 2018

Day 5 - 112 -- Procrastination?

Today was sunny and reached double digits. I took time to walk out for milk and eggs and then spent a while clearing up the larger twigs and sticks from the winter and spring wind storms. There are more to gather, but the worst of it all resides in the compost bin -- street pickup next week.  The weather fit well with Earth Day giving us a chance to get outside and enjoy the world around us. Today also marks the 92nd birthday of Queen Elizabeth II.

I still feel that procrastination has taken hold. I did get several household chores completed and some bits for the office done or begun. Much more left for tomorrow, though. It could be spring fever -- shall I call it that instead of ennui or flat out fatigue? I look forward to focusing in the office tomorrow to get some grade calculations completed and other paper work begun. I have good intentions each evening and each morning. Somewhere in the middle, it  all goes snafu -- or should this be fubar? Either way I'm sure you get the picture. I remember reading about Golda Meir, who would polish silver when she had a big decision to make. Perhaps all the procrastination projects leave room to ponder some of the larger puzzle pieces that need sorting. If so, the bigger things are pushing out the time-sensitive smaller things and I'm not sure how to get things back in control. Hmmm. That may be the issue, my need to exert control. Will need to ponder that idea a bit further.

The song chosen for today seemed to fit Earth Day concepts. Lyrics speak to the beauty and fragility around us. Enjoy!

Down to Earth -- Peter Gabriel

No comments:

Post a Comment