Wednesday 18 April 2018

Day 5 - 107 -- Activity Getting Old

After getting to sleep late last night, the day started later this morning. I headed to campus to drop off  the second set of multiple choice computer sheets. The wind was major blowing straight out of the north. The air felt bitter and the dampness didn't help. It poured overnight and was misty drizzle when I was out walking. The strength of the wind pushed me to the side twice with the bigger gusts. Sustained winds just made walking against it a bigger workout than usual. Other than that one outing, about 10 hours involved the binge grading. I really wanted to get it done, but chose to stop at 11 -- which turned out to be 11:45 PM. The rest waits for attention tomorrow.

Grading is all consuming -- I've never been able to grade a bit at a time for a week or more. When the piles arrive, I find a red pen and a spare and hunker down. I just want them done. So, having done this process for most of the past 5 days -- and for more than 8 hours daily -- I feel a bit over the whole concept. <smile>. Based on what is left, this part will be completed tomorrow. When I do sleep, it seems that I'm doing similar grading tasks in my dreams -- not in the least bit restful. <grin>

While contemplating the process today, a few lines from the beginning of a song flashed through my brain. I've used this song before around this time of year. I love the lyrics that show a need to escape to a whole new activity. I especially enjoy the line after "I'm thwarted by a metaphysical puzzle," since that is where my mind has gone today. Enjoy!


Santa Fe -- Rent Original Broadway Cast


No comments:

Post a Comment