Sunday 8 April 2018

DAy 5 - 98 -- Enveloped by Inertia

The snow began in late afternoon. Meteorologists predict snow accumulation in the area of 10 cm to 20+cm -- so it may be deep enough to require a shovel in the morning -- or not. <smile> Indoors I managed to complete the laundry, vacuum and feed myself. Sitting or semi-reclining to listen to TV or nap seemed to be all I could get myself to do. Motivation to do something -- anything -- from the weekend work pile could not be mustered. That means more to carry into the office to complete there tomorrow. Inertia ruled -- and I was not moving forward so this means that the body at rest stayed at rest. There were moments when entropy seemed ready to intrude as my weekend plans seemed to descend into chaos -- total disarray in my head.

Feeling the desire to do nothing seemed odd. It is a feeling that does show up, but work still gets done. For some reason today it just didn't happen. Once exams are over, I hope to sleep well and take a couple of days to do nothing or something as the mood strikes me. I have been waking earlier than usual for weekend mornings, leaving me with much less rest than often occurs on the days away from the office. The culprit likely is too much swirling around in my head -- pulling me out of sleep to think about what needs to be done NOW rather than a comfortable later. I feel I could fall asleep throughout the day which makes reading, writing or other work less enticing. The deadlines looming didn't help me today, so it will have to be done tomorrow.

All the backing and forthing with myself today put me in the mood for a parody -- seemed to fit the day <smile>. Enjoy!

Inactive -- Weird Al Yankovic (parody of Radioactive by Imagine Dragons)




No comments:

Post a Comment