Sunday 15 April 2018

Day 5 - 105 -- Need for Sleep

I had great plans for the day, yet seemed to get through few things. The laundry, including hand laundry, was finished. Left behind today were grading of a paper, editing another paper, and taxes. These items have to be completed in the next week to meet deadlines. Tomorrow I have to grade the last two exam papers from Friday's final and invigilate another exam from 7-9:30 PM. I may be able to get back to one of the papers during that time. I'd hoped to start the week without feeling as behind with things, but that isn't to be.

I felt too tired and disengaged today that things didn't get done. I've felt like I could just close my eyes and fall asleep in the midst of many activities over the past couple of weeks -- not sure if it is all fatigue or fatigue mixed with a need to escape. <smile>  Sleep hasn't been great of late either. None of this is new for this time of year at work. End of term is crazy -- well crazier than the rest of the term. So, today I listened to some movies and checked in with social media. 

I felt the need for a lullaby or something relaxing before settling to sleep. A perfect one by a superb a capella  group fit the bill. These harmonies are tight and gorgeous. Enjoy! 

Light in the Hallway -- Pentatonix


No comments:

Post a Comment