Friday 6 April 2018

Day 5 - 95 -- And so it goes

The final lectures for both courses occurred today. The first of the last classes went well, with some great questions from the students. The second of the lasts was just odd. I finished the details for the end of lecture material and prep material for the exam, handed back the last of the lingering assignments and when I looked up most people had left or were on their way out. I was speaking, but that didn't seem to make a difference. Like I said, just plain odd. Being the last of the lasts for me, I said farewell to the three upper year students remaining in the room. walked out of the room where I've spent many hours over the years, turned the lights out and stood their taking it all in before walking out that door.

I again was reminded of the words of Suzanne Farrell, who stated, "I have no wish to see something ending, but rather something evolving." A song also ran through my head for much of the day. The lyrics so clearly present the process of change and moving onward. As one door closes  . . .  <smile> While the song may sound somewhat less than joyful, the words can carry a positive message. Enjoy!

Good Riddance -- Green Day


No comments:

Post a Comment