Monday 30 April 2018

Day 5 - 120 -- An Infiltration and hijacked plans

Today was truly a stereotypical Monday.  I headed to the lab for annual blood work only to find the number I pulled to be 20 higher than the only one they called while I was seated. When asked, the receptionists could not say how long it might be. From others I heard that a new person was being trained today so they may have been short staffed. I headed out. Now, the parking lot at the hospital costs $2 on exit. I wasn't worried since I had oodles of change. As I pulled up to exit a small sign noted that only twonies and loonies were accepted ($1 & $2 coins). I had a handful of quarters. I had to back up and repark, which meant the people exiting behind me had to back up, too <sigh>. I went back in and found someone who would exchange the coins.

After leaving the parking lot, I headed to the car dealership. Somewhere on the passenger side there was a sloshy water noise. Who am I kidding? It sounded like major waves on Lake Superior coming from the door area. The service manager said it was in the door likely due to a leakage in the seal around the door and window. They can see me next week on Monday unless someone cancels in the interim. Why the water isn't draining well needs to be checked -- those little holes designed to do just that must be clogged with some schmutz of some sort. When it isn't pouring rain -- as it was again today -- I'll get down and check to see if I can unclog them somehow. The less than good news is that forecasters predict rain almost daily for a week or so. 

Pondering the wave motion in the car at stop lights and signs, brought a song to mind. The title is what I think happened in the major rain on the weekend <smile>. Off to find some oars just in case <giggle>. Enjoy! 

Catch a Wave -- The Beach Boys


No comments:

Post a Comment