Thursday 12 April 2018

Day 5 - 101 -- Lack of Focus

The day started slowly for a change with sunshine filling the sky again. A walk to a meeting allowed me to enjoy the sun. In the afternoon I spent time working on the reading and grading file. The evening brought a nice outing with a friend, filled with great conversation. When the bill came, I realized that I didn't have my wallet with me. I'd taken the gloves to wear, but left the wallet by the front door. The waitress took my name and number and I walked the 2.5 blocks home and back to pay the bill. Only in a small town <smile>.

I've felt distracted for some time now. It is likely the fatigue of end of term and flurry of events and tasks that come along with this time of year. Yet, forgetting my wallet was a new one for me -- a bit embarrassing. It made me laugh and not feel angry with myself at least <smile>. It also gave me two chances to chat to the Great Pyrenees three doors down. He is an amazingly huge and gentle dog with a stunning golden coat. On my second trip back to the house, he'd just gone inside but was watching out the door -- so I waved. <smile> There -- see it? being more tangential than usual -- lack of focus <smile>. Maybe more sleep will help get recentred.

A great singer-songwriter wrote and recorded a song with a great chorus line that fits my mind working processes today.  Interestingly the song is from an album named Flowers in the Dirt, something we are all looking forward to seeing. <smile>  Enjoy!

Distraction -- Paul McCartney


No comments:

Post a Comment