Sunday 1 July 2018

Day 5 - 181 -- Long Productive Career

About 10 days ago, Paul McCartney released two songs from a new album expected to release in the Fall. Why do I find this interesting? <smile>  He has been called one of the greatest composers and lyricists of the modern era. For over 60 years, McCartney has been making music, performing and recording. That alone makes the new releases exciting. His career began with the fame of the Beatles and continues with several iterations of a fantastic solo career. He was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame twice -- once for the Beatles and once for the solo career. He also has received 18 Grammy Awards.

Looking around I've noted many people who move from career to career -- successfully. I've done this myself -- about seven different parts to the career path. In two months, I'll move into the eighth career. I plan to retire from my current position, but will remain linked to the university to complete some ongoing research. So -- taking note of people who move on but remain successful helps me to keep positive about my chosen life change. It also explains my blog discussions about file clearing <smile>. The transition has just begun <grin>.

The song chosen for today comes from the two recently released by McCartney. I heard this first when he sang a few lines on Carpool Karaoke. The tempo is upbeat and the lyrics fun, making it a relaxing listen. The lyrics lead to questions of life -- though very different than those I'm dealing with these days <grin>.  Enjoy!

Come On to Me -- Paul McCartney

 

No comments:

Post a Comment