Wednesday 11 July 2018

Day 5 - 191 -- Sharing Ideas

Meetings filled the day and were interspersed with work on two writing projects. Discussions with those I met with allowed for an interesting exchange of ideas. That is always a positive type of meeting <smile>. I headed home a bit later than usual, had a quick supper and then met a friend for an evening at our summer theater festival. The play was written by an individual who has featured prominently in past festival seasons. The story took place in Lunenburg. This town name was also the title of the play. With some witty banter, there was a more serious centre to the story that explored feelings of individuals to major life events. Comedy intervened as things took a more serious tone, so it wouldn't focus too long on negative emotions. The audience was deep into the dialogue, often answering questions out loud or wanting to share the punch line before the actor completed the sentence. I sometimes wonder if we spend too much time talking back to the television that it seems the natural thing to do when out at a movie or live theater. I found that part of the live audience a bit disconcerting. As an audience member, I want to be along for the ride and would choose to have the characters drive the bus. But, there are always backseat drivers, right? <sigh>

The evening was cooler than it has been for some time -- pleasant to feel the cool breeze. I'd hoped to get into my driveway by that time (10:30 PM) but found a dreaded red cone in my driveway entry -- set there most likely to help walkers see that there was wet cement on the downhill side of my driveway. So -- night number seven again saw the car out behind a house across the street. I do hope that tomorrow will find me back in my own yard bringing my car with me. <smile> 

A song came to mind that reflected some of the meeting concepts for the day. The group singing is from early psychedelic rock period of  about 1968. While the world knows this band best as a trio, in their early days there were two other members. This song does not showcase the trio harmonies that became their signature sound.  Enjoy! 

Idea -- Bee Gees


No comments:

Post a Comment