Sunday 29 July 2018

Day 5 - 209 -- Overheated

The heat continues -- indoors and out. While there was a bit of a breeze, I headed out to do some yard work. The breeze didn't cool, but it helped the sweat evaporate just a bit in the humidity and heat. I deadheaded the peonies and placed some uprooted ferns into pots with the hope that they would survive until I can plant them. That won't be until painting is completed. The back porch needed sweeping so I ended with that and then headed back indoors. Doing laundry forced me to go up and down stairs to the cooler area. Sadly, stairs are one activity that aggravate the twisted knee, so going up and down takes extra time and some sort of training for the brain -- seems I'm always trying to lead with the incorrect leg. I must lead with right on one trip and left on the other to avoid excessive bending and weight bearing.  Learning that is not easy <smile>.

Forecasters stated that the next two weeks will remain warm and the lead meteorologist noted that both models will have above normal temperatures in this part of the world for the month of August. I'm hoping for a bit of respite along the way. They had told us that there would be a brief break in the humidity today into tomorrow, but that message seems to have been lost in the forecasting today. I will try to remain hopeful.

While grumping about the temperature and humidity (it was 78% humidity in the kitchen and living room area this evening -- crazy!), I said to the air that it felt like having a fever. I then realized what day it was and laughed -- a good thing <smile>. The song for the day will be recognized by many and is from the days of disco. Enjoy!

Night Fever -- The Bee Gees (it is Saturday night here after all <grin>)

No comments:

Post a Comment