Wednesday 11 July 2018

Day 5 - 190 -- Ending on a High Note

In some ways it was one of 'those' Mondays, but in many ways it was a wonderful day. It began with an odd interaction with the contractor replacing sidewalks on our street. I have been parking in another yard for 6 nights and when I went out today, the contractor was parked in my driveway rather than the street because - "it was just someone's driveway and no one was parked there." Where to begin with that. <sigh> I hoped that interaction would not find its way into the central theme of the day. I worked on some writing projects and left early to meet a friend and colleague. We were driving to another colleague's home for dinner. She'd invited us since we were both retiring this year -- Or so went the story. <smile>

It was a surprise party for my friend. The potluck menu was amazing -- summer salads with fruits, cheese, chicken and many different greens. Wonderful lean cold cuts, guacamole, pasta and meatball casserole, chicken curry, carrot cake, and coconut cream pie rounded out the evening. While the food was fantastic, spending the time in conversation with colleagues,and friends (and spouses) felt wonderful. The weather was warm, but the gentle breeze off the water freshened things well. I thoroughly enjoyed the event. I got home about 9:30 PM and felt happily tired, heading off to bed a bit earlier than usual.

On the morning show, an alt-pop duo was interviewed as part of the summer music festival in Quebec city. I listened to several of their songs and one had lyrics that fit several parts of the day -- particularly the evening events. Phrases introduce opening doors to a 'zephyr', 'waves of conversation', and riding in the back seat -- all parts of my evening. Enjoy!

High on Humans -- Oh Wonder


No comments:

Post a Comment