Saturday 7 July 2018

Day 5 - 188 -- Special Moments

Saturday -- yet I was up and out of the house before 9AM. Today was the Highland Games parade. It is just beyond my backyard on Main Street, so no worry about parking and such. The temperature cooled overnight leaving dry and pleasant air. The turnout for the parade was wonderful. Many people and families lined the street. We had pipe and drum corps from around the province and from Ontario, PEI, and NB. The classic car show had been this past week, so the winners were driving in the parade along with the requisite floats, fire and rescue vehicles and Shriners from across the province. I found myself smiling through the whole display. It was a great way to start the weekend. The rest of the day involved reading for a meeting tomorrow and the usual laundry and housework.

This evening the cathedral bells rang for 5 minutes -- not sure why but it was lovely to hear. The day seemed to be special in some ways -- out of the ordinary may be a better phrase. Yet, the extraordinary mixed with the mundane. Full days of special-ness might be overwhelming, or perhaps less special because of the constancy of it all.  The small special moments can make a day wonderful. From that, I'd conclude that a little bit of special goes a very long way. <smile>

A song line came to mind as I was walking down Main Street today. It did make me smile and almost laugh. I first heard this as part of a movie and that image appeared in my head again today. I've chosen a video with the film clip. The singer has a powerful, recognizable voice. Enjoy!

Don't Rain on my Parade -- Barbra Streisand (from Funny Girl)


No comments:

Post a Comment