Sunday 29 July 2018

Day 5 - 210 -- Something New

Something different for today. You've all heard my weather-related complaints. So, I tried to focus me on something else. Needles to say, music was where things led me <smile>. A friend shared a wonderful video by a band that has been around just for a year. The band does covers of past hits from many genres. The group began when two high-school collaborators got back together to try a day in studio for four songs -- one lives in San Francisco and one lives in the LA area. For this first day, nothing was pre-planned -- not songs, keys, arrangements or anything. Just that these two and a group of musician friends would spend the day laying down some tracks and seeing how well they worked together. Thankfully, things worked well. Once posted online, even these low-end production songs garnered over 100,000 views. From there, plans firmed up for further recording sessions.

I listened to several songs and I do like their renditions of older hits. The covers present the songs in a funk format -- unexpected but it works so well. I'm sharing the first one that I heard, shared with me by a wonderful musical friend. The singer's vocal style and skill is wonderful. Enjoy!

I Will Always Love You -- Scary Pockets ft. Mario Jose


No comments:

Post a Comment