Tuesday 9 July 2019

Day 6 - 189 -- Remember to Breathe

Woke way too early today. I felt hungry so had breakfast very early. Often I can then relax and get back to sleep, but not today. So, I did some of the things that were flying through my head -- sort some files to make writing more organized; sew up the catnip toy that is leaking all over the kitchen floor; recharge the devices. Throughout the day, there were moments of frantic feelings. I'm sure it would feel better if I just stayed home and didn't plan little jaunts away. But, staying in place gets old so a brief sojourn is good for the mind and soul. I know I feel better once I get on my way. Whether it is a trip far away or to the next town to shop, the feelings are similar. Once I am heading down the road, something calmer than the planning period arrives. Thinking processes are not the only effects; the body feels the stress, too -- nausea, reflux, and other GI symptoms can come along with muscle tension and headaches. People report numerous physiological symptoms. Learning to keep these in check can be burdensome at best.

A great song that addresses signs of stress fits this topic. The lyrics note the need for a single action to help reduce the effects. It should be a mantra to help release tension. The singer has often sung about various mental and physical health issues. Enjoy!

Breathin -- Ariana Grande


No comments:

Post a Comment