Thursday 18 July 2019

Day 6 - 194 -- Revisiting the Past

On the road by 7:45 AM today. While heading to the airport, the playlist was in Christmas in July mode. It was an album I hadn't heard yet, so my friend played it for me. For some reason I was pre-approved to go through the priority security line. Now, I discovered this after waiting in the longer line. Even so, the priority line was quicker -- no removal of shoes or belts and no removal of all the bits from the carry on bag. This let me find time for a rest near the boarding gate. I spent much of the time thinking how nice it would have been for us all to have more time to visit together. I slept little being anxious about getting to the airport on time and replaying the many stories told and ones we didn't have time to get  to yesterday. I found myself tearing up  often -- happy tears for our visit and  sad tears for having to go our separate ways -- all likely exacerbated by the inadequate sleep <smile>.

Revisiting past adventures can be such fun. Hearing of the same escapade from all involved provides a broader view of events than with a single storyteller. Much laughter can be involved, too. Such opportunities provide a sense of belonging and evoke past experiences like they occurred just a day or two ago. Gatherings of friends and family generally involve much of this activity along with telling of new adventures. Even when short in duration, I am happy to have the chance to be part of these storytelling circles.

A song that came to mind when I was thinking over the past two days deals with a form of remembering. The tempo and melody sound upbeat with lyrics that note further adventures and memories will occur as people age. I like that sentiment <smile>. Enjoy!

Reminiscing --  Little River Band


No comments:

Post a Comment