Monday 29 July 2019

Day 6 - 209 -- Thunder Boomers

Clearly a weather event was headed our way. From mid-morning onward, darker clouds were blowing through the sky. We had warnings of potential thunderstorms. The wind felt good and counteracted the wet air feeling. After a great lunch with friends, I headed into the office. I drove since I didn't want to find myself drenched in a downpour should that finally arrive. Wile working away in my office with no windows, I heard louder sounds. I decided that this was a rolling thunder outside. The clouds were very dark and threatening. That began about 1.5 hours before I left the building. I put on my rain jacket, expecting that with the thunder there would be rain. The pavement was only partially damp and no rain was present as I drove home. Yet, the thunder continued.  Almost two hours after I'd noticed the beginning of the thunder sounds, the skies opened up and it poured rain. Lightening flashes were noticeable and at times the thunder was very close and the house shook a few times. I sat and watched the rain since anything I needed or wanted to do dealt with electronics (which I was not going to plug in) or using water in sinks (not going to do that either).  About an hour later things wound down, with only distant thunder heard for a short while longer. Warnings and watches continue for the region this evening and then re-emerge tomorrow morning.

For a Monday, there were many good things happening. The foreboding sense of the impending storm created a feeling akin to anxiety. It was going to happen but when became the larger question. This is not unlike emotions. Something can trigger a feeling -- often negative, but not always <smile> -- and the feeling grows a bit and lingers before something eventually bursts forth. Then, just as quickly it fades away -- until the next time. <smile>

A song that fit perfectly for the events of the day is shared here.  The song was written by a major blues artist, T-Bone Walker. Here it is sung by a favourite singer and guitarist, as part of a Pavarotti and Friends concert. Enjoy!

Stormy Monday -- Eric Clapton


No comments:

Post a Comment