Friday 19 July 2019

Day 6 - 195 -- Back Home

Wow! I just crashed in the hotel room last night. It felt like being in a fog when I checked in, showered and then reheated the supper I'd purchased at the airport. It is a good thing I didn't drive down as I'd not been alert enough to drive the 2+ hours home. I made some oatmeal in my room and then caught the mid-morning shuttle back to the airport to catch the bus home. The walk home from the bus stop on campus is mainly downhill, so pulling the suitcase behind me  worked well. The workers were still putting the final touches on the new back porch when I arrived at the house. The next few hours involved unpacking and doing a couple of loads of laundry -- since I missed the weekend washing  routine <smile>. I found myself still very tired, and was ready for bed by 7:30 PM!!

Being away from home brings many adventures, yet arriving back home always feels positive -- a place of safety to relax or to sleep in your own bed. Home is a feeling as well as a place. I often think of my childhood home town and province as my real home; however the place I live at the other end of the country is also home -- for now <smile>. Many poets and songwriters have written about the basic instinct that is home. I certainly won't be nearly as articulate. Of several songs I chose one to share due to some of that poetic eloquence. Enjoy!

Welcome Home -- Carole King 


No comments:

Post a Comment