Tuesday 23 July 2019

Day 6 - 203 -- Still Raining

Rain has been in the air for about 24 hours now. It is much lighter and almost drizzle now, with forecasts noting that this will likely end into the early morning. There were small ponds in my driveway as I walked out to retrieve the green composting bin from the curb. Once at work, I found my socks were a bit damp. As I type this, heavier downpours have descended. It may be time to stop putting off the purchase of waterproof runners. <grin>

A colleague once coined the term, jumping to hyperbole. I love it and have used it often since her first use of it at a conference. When things go unexpectedly, we sometimes feel that may be the new normal, rather than a passing phase. Living in the maritimes, I understand that rain comes and can stay for weeks. In the summer, this isn't the usual pattern. While the up side of the rain is that the air mass is cooling for a few days, a nagging feeling exists that this weather phenomenon may continue and steal more of those precious few sunny summer days. If you've read my past diatribes on weather, you will know that I like moderate to cool weather, so this rain is delightful for me. Well, minus the damp shoes and socks at least.

A band name came to mind when I was bemoaning the damp socks this morning since it described my encounter with the ponds earlier today -- A Foot in Cold Water. None of the song titles I found fit for me. So, I chose something else entirely -- a song title with definite hyperbole. <smile> Enjoy!

Sun Ain't Gonna Shine (Anymore) -- The Walker Brothers




No comments:

Post a Comment