Saturday 27 July 2019

Day 6 - 207 -- Adapting Again

The highlight of the day was seeing colour in my front yard where there has been little in the past few years. A large bank of day lilies lies between two large maple trees. 20 years ago, it was ablaze with colour. Recently, there have been zero to 5 or 6 blooms. This year there are 20 flower spikes. This variety only last for a couple of days, but the colour is a bright orangish red with petals that curl slightly at the ends. They remind me of my mother's tiger lilies in the garden of my childhood home. The mass of plants in the front yard, likely needs to be split a bit and fertilized next spring. One items to add the distant 'to do' list.

Speaking of those infamous lists, the coming week has some major scheduling changes needed in order to complete a couple of projects with time deadlines. The plan has been to work no more than half time during this unpaid retirement activity. For the most part that has worked. Next week will see me working closer to full time. There are several social outings planned, to help ease the frustrations that I expect to encounter. The projects involve items that I want to address and some that landed in my personal sphere without much warning. So, even in retirement intrusions occur in a well laid out timetable plan. Imagine! <smirk> Looking for an upside, I realized that there will be major heat and humidity beginning Monday and continuing for some time. So, being in an office with air circulation will bring some relief not found at the house.

While working through the change in plans and my reaction to the change led me to a phrase a friend of my mother's used to say. Lo and behold, a favourite song has that very title. Serendipity of sorts. <smile>. Enjoy!

All Things Must Pass -- George Harrison


No comments:

Post a Comment