Wednesday 24 July 2019

Day 6 - 204 -- Lullaby Time

Wednesday -- another midweek as we seem to be rushing through July. August begins in a week. Time roars by. Yet there are times when it seems to drag. Waiting in airports. Trying to sleep an a sweltering summer night. Working through a long typed report. So, that passage of time seems to go by at different rates depending on the situation. Today went well with a productive meeting in the morning and a good conversation in the afternoon. Several items moved off the 'to do' list for future fun events and some writing bits. 

Weather has cooled a bit so the house is cooling. That makes sleeping go better. This will continue for several days and then be followed by the August heat wave of temps and humidity. So, I'll enjoy the cooler evenings while I can. I even turned the oven on to make supper tonight! The things we take for granted. <smile> 

I was awake later than I'd wished to be last night, so feel a bit tired this evening. I'm ready to get my chai and snack and listen to something relaxing. The chosen song has lullaby qualities and even manages to touch on the concept of time when asking how long its been since yesterday. The voice is one from a long way back, one that has always sounded like a friend. Enjoy! 




No comments:

Post a Comment